Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Long Time Ago...


A long time ago, I wasn’t a wife, mom, gramma, grown up teacher lady.
A long time ago, I was 15, 16, then 17 years old and in high school and I did things that girls that age did back then.
I went to school and did my homework
Played my albums and went to dances
Read “Tiger Beat” and put pictures of music groups on my wall
Babysat (a lot)
Slept over at my friend’s house, talked all night and made prank phone calls
Went to Zuma Beach on the beach bus all summer
Talked on the phone to my friends (a lot)
Learned to drive
Wore “work shirts”, jeans, bandanas, and hiking boots
Tp’ed houses
Went to the movies and Bob’s Big Boy
Learned to play my guitar
Went to football games and was on drill team
Went to parties, kissed boys and drank Boones Farm Apple Wine

and a million others things that made me the grown up lady I am today.
Why am I telling you this?
Well this Saturday, FBG and I are going to my *ahem* 40th High School Reunion.
40 th!
And guess what- I am excited (and a little nervous) to see all those people from so long ago. I know it will be fun!
I am also wondering if anyone will sneak in a bottle of Boone’s Farm…
Stay tuned!






1 comment:

  1. As a "valley girl" from the 70s my list is very similar to yours. I'd subtact a few items and add - cruising Van Nuys Blvd on Wednesday nights with my groovy low-rider boyfriend (now married 38 years), cheerleading my brother's football games to victory, tramp-o-leening at Topanga Plaza,and too many other things to mention. But then, this is YOUR blog! Thanks for the reminders of what makes each of us who we are. Have a blast at the Reunion!

    ReplyDelete