Sunday, June 17, 2012

Cut and Slice


Last week, holding my $40 Kohl’s gift card, I spied one of these babies for $39.99 and I just had to get it.
 
Isn’t it cute? I love red and I thought it might help me to cook gourmet, healthy,  halfway edible meals for FBG.  I couldn’t wait to use it. On Thursday, I made zucchini meatballs, light and yummy for meatball subs, using a new recipe from Pintrest. My little chopper shredded the zucchini and onions like a dream and dinner turned out just how I planned. My little chopper was easy to use and wash and I left it to dry in the drainer. I was so happy!
On Friday afternoon, I finally got around to putting away my new gadget.  As I carried it over to the shelf, the bowl slipped out of my hands… and guess what?  The little red chopper slices feet, as well as veggies!  The blade hit my foot, and I ended up with a beaut of a cut right between my little toe and the toe next to it. (Do you call that the “ring toe”?). O U C H! 
Luckily FBG was due home in a few minutes. He unwrapped the towel , and after assessing the situation, declared that since it was in such an odd area,  stitches were probably out of the question. He bandaged me up and gave me the appropriate sympathy. So, now I am a gimp, with a bum foot for a few days. Oh well, no pedicure this week!

Didn't he do a good job?
(I hope this isn't too gross...)

When things like this happen in my life, I try to think, “What is God teaching me in this?” I thought of the cute red chopper, and how this little machine, which didn’t seem too dangerous, caused me a lot of pain. And it came to me. Little sins can be like the mini chopper. They don’t look too dangerous, and yet these little sins can cause a lot of pain. I hope I can remember this lesson daily!


Song of Songs 2:15
Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.






1 comment:

  1. Love your little chopper and was tempted to run right out and get one until I read about your foot :( It's not gross and you certainly don't look like you need a pedicure with those pretty red toe nails! And yes, your sweet hubby did a great job!
    Love your humor, and loved your analogy with sin/pain. You are so right! Those little sins can really multiply so fast too...one leads to another, especially when we don't stop the bleeding!

    ReplyDelete