Sunday, August 19, 2012

Simply Saturday

Don't you enjoy Saturday? I work Monday through Friday, have assorted things going on a couple of evenings a week and go to Church on Sunday. But Saturday? It's a day with flexible options. You just never know where you might end up.

This Saturday was a typical one for me. FBG had to work most of the day (poor guy), so I was footloose most of the day to choose what I wanted  to do. Most Saturdays are like that. Free and easy.

Early morning brought laundry, coffee, and surfing the net, while half-watching cooking shows on the Food Network. Then it was off to the farmer's market to get some veggies. There is a booth I especially like, the oriental organic farmer guy one. He has exotic looking things to buy and I like to ask how to cook these alien vegetables. He always has the best advice- "stir fry", no matter what I ask him about. I think I could show him ice cream and he would say "stir fry". I ended up buying some heirloom tomatoes. No, I didn't ask him how to cook them. :)
yum!

It's a small farmer's market but I like it. After that, it was off to Target to buy "Target-y" stuff.

Back home, I had a quick visit from my son and 2 of my grand kids (always wonderful!) and then out to lunch with my mom at Applebees.

Later on FBG got home and I worked on school stuff fooled around playing trivia and watched more cooking shows. I especially like Jacques Pepin on PBS.


 (Photo Credit: Cristiana Ceppas)
pbs.org

I wish he would come over and cook some french food for me! But since Jacques didn't show up, I used my farmer's market tomatoes and made homemade pizza for dinner. A quiet dinner and evening with my guy...and *poof* Saturday was gone.

It was a nice, simple Saturday. Just the kind I love. I hope yours was a good one too.


Hey!...I just thought of sharing this book that I have enjoyed reading this summer...and no one paid me to feauture it! It's an easy read and has great practical and spiritual suggestions for all. It's one of those you can read again and again.

                                                             vnesdoly.blogspot.com


~ Lynda ~
 

5 comments:

  1. I love those easy days, too. The Cat and I both have karate class in the morning, but after that, the day is ours!
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogs always make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks friends for stopping by and commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. **sigh** I rarely have simple days anymore. Life goes thru phases I guess. I do have little windows of time now and then and I cherish them. So I'll enjoy your simple days vicariously if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah sal...it ebbs and tides in this crazy life...

    ReplyDelete