Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sugar, Sugar


We are redoing our kitchen. We. As in FBG and me. As in, we have been married almost 39 years and have never done anything like this together before. As in, everything is harder to do than it looks on HGTV (big surprise!). We have picked out paint, tile, appliances, sinks, countertops, and light fixtures and been to Lowe's so many times, I feel like we should invite all the nice employees over for dinner. We are about 80% done, and I am so glad to see the end in sight.

There is something however, that was up to me to do alone.

Find a sugar bowl.

Yes, last week I was on a quest for the perfect sugar bowl for my new kitchen. I went to TJ Max, Macy's, Pier 1, Bed,Bath and Beyond, and like the Holy Grail, the perfect one eluded me. I was willing to pay big bucks for the perfect bowl. I wanted something kinda funky, white, and different. I didn't have any luck, until I went to my favorite French store. You know the one I mean-"Tarjay"- and guess what! I found it!  Why, oh why, didn't I go there first? It isn't white, and not too different, but when I saw it, I knew it was the one for me.

Here it is:
 



You can have one too- for $1.99

SCORE!



4 comments: