Monday, May 21, 2012

Hobbits and Bacon

Are there hobbits behind here?

When you live in the desert, there are mornings that are just beautiful. Sunny, warm and begging for a bike ride. So after a cuppa joe (well, maybe it was two), I threw on my yoga pants and tee and took off.
I love to ride around my neighborhood. It's quiet with lots of trees and and lots of level streets- easy on the old bod! I especially love to ride in the morning...I can smell bacon, pancakes and coffee as I ride past homes and it all feels so homey.
On one street, there is a house with 2 of these cute gates. You can't tell looking at the picture but this gate is about 4 feet tall. It makes me think of hobbits, and I wish I could go through it and play in the backyard, like a little girl. But, I am a grown up lady, so I just snapped a quick, furtive pic and rode on.
Just wondering though - think the gate would fit in my bicycle basket?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I know just what you mean smelling breakfast cooking when you ride. I go walking in the evening and it's Bar-B-Ques. MMMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha- I love the idea of you snapping a quick picture before anybody sees and then taking off on your getaway bicycle!
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed Lynda. I love the musings of your bike ride. Great job!

    ReplyDelete